caloundra personal training
Hello Beautiful People,
My name is Alana and is my journey so far. My journey is far from over, but each and every day is a gift and I intend to make 2018 my year. As a young person, I was very fit and healthy, sport of any kind was my main focus, but at the age of 15 I had an accident which nearly cost me my life. My parents were told I may never walk again, but after spinal surgery and lots of physio I not only walked again, I ran. I married the love of my life, settled on the Sunshine Coast and had 3 amazing kids. I was happy and I was too busy being a good wife and Mum to worry about my own health, so my weight ballooned. I began the never-ending life of a Yo Yo dieter, I tried everything on the market. I’d loose some weight, but gain it and some more back.
In 2013 my oldest son got married, the family photo was beautiful, but I hated how I looked, I felt like a short fat oompa lumpa beside my tall stunning family – I HAD TO CHANGE. I joined a gym, started doing PTs and classes and by the end of 2014 I was so close to my goal weight, I could see myself in my recently purchased bikinis, I had lost 54kgs and I felt fantastic. But life had other plans for me. In February 2015, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, boom my life took a drastic turn. I quit my high pressure, demanding job and began to fight for my life. After surgery and chemo, I had won my battle, but sadly I’d gained back 27kgs and mild depression came upon me. At the gym, I was just a member, I needed more, I needed someone to help me emotionally as well as physically.
A friend introduced me to Mel and MAB Personal Training & Adventures. I started training with Mel at least twice a week and she was exactly what I needed. Training became fun, I not only began to loose weight again, I began to find my inner strength, determination and fight. I was once again feeling fantastic. It’s funny how life works, they say you’re only given what you can handle, I thought I’d been given enough hurdles in my life, I didn’t think I could handle much more, but once again in July 2016 the big C was back. I ran away from my life, I’d had enough, what was the point in trying to be healthy, what was the point in trying to be fit, what was the point in fighting and I came dangerously close to giving up on life. Now this is why I love Mel so much and why MAB is such an awesome place to be. Mel didn’t let me give up, she messaged me and rang me constantly until I finally spoke with her, Mel not only cared about me as a person, she knew how important it was for me to not give up, to not give into the depression I was falling into. Mel stood by me every step of the next 6-month journey of gruelling chemo, I lost my hair and I struggled with the effects the medication had in my body. I continued training with Mel throughout my treatment and I managed to not put on as much weight this time which was awesome.
Mel has taught me so much, I am a strong woman but sometimes my mental health needed more attention than my physical health and that’s such an amazing gift Mel has, to be able to talk you through life’s hiccups and show you there is a light at the end of what seems an endless tunnel. As I said I still have a long way to go on my journey to being the best possible version of me I can be, but I know I can and I will do it. Having Mel and the entire MAB family supporting me makes the journey a whole lot more fun.
Dream Big and do lots of star jumps because life is totally worth celebrating
Merry Christmas all, what a year 2015 backing up 2014, time flies when your having fun right? well certainly did in my case, I had intention to blog so much and that didn’t go to plan. It’s life really, it doesn’t always go to plan, its about adapting to changes, embracing the challenges which makes the ride so much more fun, speaking of ride, let me share the ride of 2015 that included so many awesome moments with so many awesome people.
I personally started the year in Canada & San Francisco, I felt I didnt’t get back into the swing of things till February. I knew I had a big year ahead though writing this I am still over whelmed at how big it was, once again the power of intention, be clear and you can manifest what you desire, also this year I did adjust and adapt by cancelling events that I just didn’t have the energy to do after Africa as that was the most amazing experience ever and also it took loads of energy out of me, more so when I got back I just wanted to process all the gifts of the trip.
Highlights of 2015
- MAB 30 Adventure Lifestyle Challenge
- Canada & San Fransico Adventure
- Magic Mindset Weekend
- Painted my house (now that was a moment to remember)
- MAB Mount Kili Team started training
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7 kicked off
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7, We did wake boarding, outrigged, Aerial Silk/Lyra Training
- MAB guest trainer for Annette Sym Wellness Retreat
- MAB Studio 4th Year BIrthday (MAB Olympics)
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7, we entertained caloundra with the Amazing Race, we climbed 6 mountains in one day
- Pretty in pink bra walkathon, we sent Dimity and her family to Disney Land, had over 500 people attend
- Amy Woods Joined our team
- MAB started Big Boing Sessions
- MAB Skydive Adventure for Kims Birthday
- Caloundra Netball Team Bootcamp
- Challenge Dinner Celebration
- Mount Warning Mindfit Weekend Adventure with an awesome crew
- Give me 5 for kids charity golf day
- MAB won Westfund Hero Award
- New Zealand Adventure, Bungy Swing Jump, Horse Ride through NZ, Helicopter over Milford Sound, Paraglided, Hiked, Snow Boarded
- 30 adventures, 30 days, 30 dollars, we did so many mountains and adventures
- Lip Sync Competition for Beautiful You Charity
- Sunshine Coast Womens Lifestyle Expo
- MAB Adventure Wear Released
- Miss Muddy
- Mega bootcamp fun
- MAB Africa Adventure Mount Kilimanjaro, myself & the team, Pippa, Chris, Julie, Tegan, Russ, Ben 1, Ben 2 and Robyn – AMAZING
- Trekking with the Gorillas – AMAZING
- Charity Golf Day for CHARGE Syndrome
- Pole Festival
- Myself, Amy & Kim did 500 burpees each
- Full Moon Night Climb
- MAB Adventure Wear nominated in Sunshine Coast Fashion Festival Awards
- Amy & Kim Fun day at Caloundra Christian College
- MAB Pt & Adventures finalist Sunshine Coast Business Awards
- Monday Mad Mission
- 6 multi mountain adventure for the challenge
- All stock in for MAB Adventure Wear
- MAB 12 days till Christmas, workouts, adventures & recipes
- Weeks of awesomness left
- Many awesome bootcamps
- Many awesome personal training sessions
- Many awesome moments
- Many awesome kayak, mountain & hiking adventures
- Many awesome adventures
Paige, Geri, Cassie & Kate have all had babies, and so many people achieved so much, Shelagh launched her book, Debbie launched her business, Bay did the Blackall 100, Jen graduated as Dr Jen, Leanne Travelled the world, Sue, Mandy, & Anne travelled US, Janene did South America, Renee, Shelagh, Geri, Janene, Michelle, & Amy did Miss Muddy, Justine & Laura did the Camino De Santiago, Justine, Jess, Natalie, Meah & Lisa did Mount Tibro for the first time, Bruce & Jeanette did Mount Kinabalu in Borneo, Tania, Melissa, Toni & Jules did the great ocean road, Ray & Sharyn went on a bike Adventure through Switzerland, Austria, Germany & Lichtenstein, Michelle travelled Dubai, Joanne & Mark travelled Europe, Jane has been on many overseas adventures and off again for christmas, Vicki & Kim retired, OMG so much happened, everyone did have an amazing awesome fun adventurous year.
Thank you to everyone that contributed to making 2015 an awesome year for MAB. You all rock and you all matter. A massive thank you goes to Kim Bowmaker & Amy Woods for playing such a huge part in making the MAB team so awesome.
I would like to say thank you to all of my amazing clients for giving me the privilege of helping you this year. I love each and every one of you. A special mention goes to my long term clients who have been around for many years. I am truly touched and thankful for your loyalty, love, respect and friendship. I look forward to creating more awesomeness in 2015.
A huge thank you also goes to the many local businesses for their support and sponsorships in both the challenges and fundraising events. It is uplifting to see the community come together to create positive change and I am grateful to be part of such a giving community.
And finally… I would like to thank my family and friends for their ongoing love and support. You all put up with my crazy ideas and then support me with them even when they seem impossible. I love you all xox
My gift to you for 2016 be open to adjust your sail, be open to adapt to change, and most of all is to set some time aside for you, just you, sit in nature, feel inside what your heart wants, feel inside what makes you feel alive and do that, be clear of your intention. I will blog in detail about some big moments like Mount Kilimanjaro as I feel I have more to share with you all as sharing is caring. Right now though let’s all set a MAB group intention to live an adventurous, happy, healthy, active, fun life with awesome people, and of course, do lots of starjumps as life is totally worth celebrating
Have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year