Hi, our names are Josie & Kelsi and we are beauty therapist on the Sunshine Coast.
Our lifestyle was working 12hour days use to mean not eating proper meals, very little water and being too tired to exercise. Fast forward to Amy coming into our salon, Brazilian Beauty Currimundi, and her inspiring us to change these bad habits. We started PT sessions with Amy the following week back in October 2016 and it was the best decision we have made. Not only does she push us to our limit physically but she also guides and coaches us in having a healthy mind and healthy body by fueling it with the right foods.
We have not only lost weight and toned up but we are happier and get so much more out of every day. Having the extra energy has pushed us to achieve great things and this reflected at our annual awards ball recently when our salon won awards over 20 other salons.
We both love the MAB community and are continuously inspired by other members stories and the amazing trainers Amy, Mel and Kim.
Josie & Kelsi x
Merry Christmas all, what a year 2015 backing up 2014, time flies when your having fun right? well certainly did in my case, I had intention to blog so much and that didn’t go to plan. It’s life really, it doesn’t always go to plan, its about adapting to changes, embracing the challenges which makes the ride so much more fun, speaking of ride, let me share the ride of 2015 that included so many awesome moments with so many awesome people.
I personally started the year in Canada & San Francisco, I felt I didnt’t get back into the swing of things till February. I knew I had a big year ahead though writing this I am still over whelmed at how big it was, once again the power of intention, be clear and you can manifest what you desire, also this year I did adjust and adapt by cancelling events that I just didn’t have the energy to do after Africa as that was the most amazing experience ever and also it took loads of energy out of me, more so when I got back I just wanted to process all the gifts of the trip.
Highlights of 2015
- MAB 30 Adventure Lifestyle Challenge
- Canada & San Fransico Adventure
- Magic Mindset Weekend
- Painted my house (now that was a moment to remember)
- MAB Mount Kili Team started training
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7 kicked off
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7, We did wake boarding, outrigged, Aerial Silk/Lyra Training
- MAB guest trainer for Annette Sym Wellness Retreat
- MAB Studio 4th Year BIrthday (MAB Olympics)
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7, we entertained caloundra with the Amazing Race, we climbed 6 mountains in one day
- Pretty in pink bra walkathon, we sent Dimity and her family to Disney Land, had over 500 people attend
- Amy Woods Joined our team
- MAB started Big Boing Sessions
- MAB Skydive Adventure for Kims Birthday
- Caloundra Netball Team Bootcamp
- Challenge Dinner Celebration
- Mount Warning Mindfit Weekend Adventure with an awesome crew
- Give me 5 for kids charity golf day
- MAB won Westfund Hero Award
- New Zealand Adventure, Bungy Swing Jump, Horse Ride through NZ, Helicopter over Milford Sound, Paraglided, Hiked, Snow Boarded
- 30 adventures, 30 days, 30 dollars, we did so many mountains and adventures
- Lip Sync Competition for Beautiful You Charity
- Sunshine Coast Womens Lifestyle Expo
- MAB Adventure Wear Released
- Miss Muddy
- Mega bootcamp fun
- MAB Africa Adventure Mount Kilimanjaro, myself & the team, Pippa, Chris, Julie, Tegan, Russ, Ben 1, Ben 2 and Robyn – AMAZING
- Trekking with the Gorillas – AMAZING
- Charity Golf Day for CHARGE Syndrome
- Pole Festival
- Myself, Amy & Kim did 500 burpees each
- Full Moon Night Climb
- MAB Adventure Wear nominated in Sunshine Coast Fashion Festival Awards
- Amy & Kim Fun day at Caloundra Christian College
- MAB Pt & Adventures finalist Sunshine Coast Business Awards
- Monday Mad Mission
- 6 multi mountain adventure for the challenge
- All stock in for MAB Adventure Wear
- MAB 12 days till Christmas, workouts, adventures & recipes
- Weeks of awesomness left
- Many awesome bootcamps
- Many awesome personal training sessions
- Many awesome moments
- Many awesome kayak, mountain & hiking adventures
- Many awesome adventures
Paige, Geri, Cassie & Kate have all had babies, and so many people achieved so much, Shelagh launched her book, Debbie launched her business, Bay did the Blackall 100, Jen graduated as Dr Jen, Leanne Travelled the world, Sue, Mandy, & Anne travelled US, Janene did South America, Renee, Shelagh, Geri, Janene, Michelle, & Amy did Miss Muddy, Justine & Laura did the Camino De Santiago, Justine, Jess, Natalie, Meah & Lisa did Mount Tibro for the first time, Bruce & Jeanette did Mount Kinabalu in Borneo, Tania, Melissa, Toni & Jules did the great ocean road, Ray & Sharyn went on a bike Adventure through Switzerland, Austria, Germany & Lichtenstein, Michelle travelled Dubai, Joanne & Mark travelled Europe, Jane has been on many overseas adventures and off again for christmas, Vicki & Kim retired, OMG so much happened, everyone did have an amazing awesome fun adventurous year.
Thank you to everyone that contributed to making 2015 an awesome year for MAB. You all rock and you all matter. A massive thank you goes to Kim Bowmaker & Amy Woods for playing such a huge part in making the MAB team so awesome.
I would like to say thank you to all of my amazing clients for giving me the privilege of helping you this year. I love each and every one of you. A special mention goes to my long term clients who have been around for many years. I am truly touched and thankful for your loyalty, love, respect and friendship. I look forward to creating more awesomeness in 2015.
A huge thank you also goes to the many local businesses for their support and sponsorships in both the challenges and fundraising events. It is uplifting to see the community come together to create positive change and I am grateful to be part of such a giving community.
And finally… I would like to thank my family and friends for their ongoing love and support. You all put up with my crazy ideas and then support me with them even when they seem impossible. I love you all xox
My gift to you for 2016 be open to adjust your sail, be open to adapt to change, and most of all is to set some time aside for you, just you, sit in nature, feel inside what your heart wants, feel inside what makes you feel alive and do that, be clear of your intention. I will blog in detail about some big moments like Mount Kilimanjaro as I feel I have more to share with you all as sharing is caring. Right now though let’s all set a MAB group intention to live an adventurous, happy, healthy, active, fun life with awesome people, and of course, do lots of starjumps as life is totally worth celebrating
Have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year
Love Mel x
* 1 cup almond meal
* 1 tbls maple syrup
* 1/3 cup coconut oil
* 1/3 cup cacao powder
* 1/2 cup shredded coconut
* 1 serve protein powder (usually around 30g)
Wow what a year it has been, my heart is full of gratitude as it has truly been an outstanding year, so much fun and so many adventures
I want to say Thank you to all my amazing clients for giving me the privilege of helping you all this year, a special mention to my long term clients for many years, I am truly touched and thankful for your loyalty, love, respect & friendship, to all the new clients over the last year I am thankful for the opportunity and I believe by letting go of the old created room for you all and you are all amazing, I love each and every one of you and I look forward to creating more awesomeness in 2014.
A huge thank you to many local businesses for support and sponsorships for challenges and charities, it is refreshing to see the community come together to create positive change and I am grateful to be a part of such a giving community.
A even bigger thank you to my family & friends for their ongoing love & support.
Watching this video that my lovely cousin Wayne put together creates tears as we seriously had so much fun and the fulfilment from being a part of so many positive changes is just beautiful, it makes me feel extra happy because you are all so happy. Enjoy this video to recap what an amazing year we all had together, it included, MAB 10 week Challenge February, Pretty In Pink Bra Walkathon, Tough Mudder, Charity Bootcamp for Stroke Awareness, Charity Bootcamp for Tania Hubbards Fire Appeal, Sunshine Coast Business Women’s Awards, MAB 10 week challenge September, Sunshine Coast Business Awards, Sunshine Coast Color Run, Caloundra Foreshore Fun Run, Sunshine Coast Women’s Lifestyle Expo, Many awesome Bootcamps, Many awesome Adventures such as Kayaking, Mountain Climbing, Hiking, Wakeboarding, Mud Training, Bikram Yoga, Bike Riding, also many Celebrations such as the Challenge Awards Dinner & the MAB Christmas Party with the Organic Sisters
A big welcome to TJ Bohl & Kim Bowmaker to the team of MAB, I believe both of these ladies are assets to the team and with the three of us we can help so many more people next year.
Thank you so much for being a part of what has been the most AWESOME year to date for MAB, I look forward to creating more awesomeness in year 2014 and so excited for everyone that will be joining in the fun, because fitness can be fun
Let the adventures begin
Have a safe & happy very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year