Hi my name is Nicky Webb. My husband and I moved to the Sunshine Coast about 14 months ago from Bundaberg. Background We have been married now for 8 years. We moved for work reasons away from both our families and all of our friends. Life in Bundaberg seemed very normal to us (at the time). We worked during the week and socialised with friends and family on the weekends. There wasn’t much more to do other than getting together with our mates on the weekends and having drinks and parties. (Or so it seemed). Bad Habits were made over the years and our physical outdoor activities became limited. Our lifestyle was leading into more alcohol and “easy food options” socialising and less health conscious activities.
The Move When we made the move I decided that I wanted to feel better about myself and become fit again. I also knew that I wanted to meet people and start getting out and about. My husband works away half the time so I knew I needed to keep myself busy and I figured I might as well get fit at the same time.
I was introduced to Mel and the MAB team by a mutual friend and I have not looked back. I have been combining personalised PT sessions and with MAB bootcamp schedule through Mel & Amy’s guidance and this structured training has been implemented into my weekly lifestyle routine. I’ve been training with MAB now for over 12 months.
In that time I’ve become stronger, leaner, healthier and so much more confident in my own skin. I have more energy than never before and this has come from a structured eating plan which MAB has also taught me to implement. Before that my eating was too complicated causing weight gain and my meal size portions were far too big.
My biggest self achievements so far have been the MAB 6 mountains adventure day and also the 10 km fun run this year. I have participated in the 6 mountains twice now. The second time really showed me how much my physical fitness had improved from the first time I did it. By the end of the day I was so proud of my improvement and this brought me pure happiness and a feeling of true accomplishment. My husband always comments on how much happier I am now and how much more confident I am. I feel as though Mel & Amy gives me the tools I need to succeed in my personal goals. There have been so many opportunities for me from the MAB team that I cannot wait to see what my future with MAB holds. I have met an amazing bunch of people and every training session is made fun. No training session has ever been the same and so I’m never bored as there are no repetition feelings that you may experience in a typical gym environment. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mel & Amy and the MAB team for my achievements so far. It’s been a blast !!
Merry Christmas all, what a year 2015 backing up 2014, time flies when your having fun right? well certainly did in my case, I had intention to blog so much and that didn’t go to plan. It’s life really, it doesn’t always go to plan, its about adapting to changes, embracing the challenges which makes the ride so much more fun, speaking of ride, let me share the ride of 2015 that included so many awesome moments with so many awesome people.
I personally started the year in Canada & San Francisco, I felt I didnt’t get back into the swing of things till February. I knew I had a big year ahead though writing this I am still over whelmed at how big it was, once again the power of intention, be clear and you can manifest what you desire, also this year I did adjust and adapt by cancelling events that I just didn’t have the energy to do after Africa as that was the most amazing experience ever and also it took loads of energy out of me, more so when I got back I just wanted to process all the gifts of the trip.
Highlights of 2015
- MAB 30 Adventure Lifestyle Challenge
- Canada & San Fransico Adventure
- Magic Mindset Weekend
- Painted my house (now that was a moment to remember)
- MAB Mount Kili Team started training
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7 kicked off
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7, We did wake boarding, outrigged, Aerial Silk/Lyra Training
- MAB guest trainer for Annette Sym Wellness Retreat
- MAB Studio 4th Year BIrthday (MAB Olympics)
- MAB 10 week Challenge round 7, we entertained caloundra with the Amazing Race, we climbed 6 mountains in one day
- Pretty in pink bra walkathon, we sent Dimity and her family to Disney Land, had over 500 people attend
- Amy Woods Joined our team
- MAB started Big Boing Sessions
- MAB Skydive Adventure for Kims Birthday
- Caloundra Netball Team Bootcamp
- Challenge Dinner Celebration
- Mount Warning Mindfit Weekend Adventure with an awesome crew
- Give me 5 for kids charity golf day
- MAB won Westfund Hero Award
- New Zealand Adventure, Bungy Swing Jump, Horse Ride through NZ, Helicopter over Milford Sound, Paraglided, Hiked, Snow Boarded
- 30 adventures, 30 days, 30 dollars, we did so many mountains and adventures
- Lip Sync Competition for Beautiful You Charity
- Sunshine Coast Womens Lifestyle Expo
- MAB Adventure Wear Released
- Miss Muddy
- Mega bootcamp fun
- MAB Africa Adventure Mount Kilimanjaro, myself & the team, Pippa, Chris, Julie, Tegan, Russ, Ben 1, Ben 2 and Robyn – AMAZING
- Trekking with the Gorillas – AMAZING
- Charity Golf Day for CHARGE Syndrome
- Pole Festival
- Myself, Amy & Kim did 500 burpees each
- Full Moon Night Climb
- MAB Adventure Wear nominated in Sunshine Coast Fashion Festival Awards
- Amy & Kim Fun day at Caloundra Christian College
- MAB Pt & Adventures finalist Sunshine Coast Business Awards
- Monday Mad Mission
- 6 multi mountain adventure for the challenge
- All stock in for MAB Adventure Wear
- MAB 12 days till Christmas, workouts, adventures & recipes
- Weeks of awesomness left
- Many awesome bootcamps
- Many awesome personal training sessions
- Many awesome moments
- Many awesome kayak, mountain & hiking adventures
- Many awesome adventures
Paige, Geri, Cassie & Kate have all had babies, and so many people achieved so much, Shelagh launched her book, Debbie launched her business, Bay did the Blackall 100, Jen graduated as Dr Jen, Leanne Travelled the world, Sue, Mandy, & Anne travelled US, Janene did South America, Renee, Shelagh, Geri, Janene, Michelle, & Amy did Miss Muddy, Justine & Laura did the Camino De Santiago, Justine, Jess, Natalie, Meah & Lisa did Mount Tibro for the first time, Bruce & Jeanette did Mount Kinabalu in Borneo, Tania, Melissa, Toni & Jules did the great ocean road, Ray & Sharyn went on a bike Adventure through Switzerland, Austria, Germany & Lichtenstein, Michelle travelled Dubai, Joanne & Mark travelled Europe, Jane has been on many overseas adventures and off again for christmas, Vicki & Kim retired, OMG so much happened, everyone did have an amazing awesome fun adventurous year.
Thank you to everyone that contributed to making 2015 an awesome year for MAB. You all rock and you all matter. A massive thank you goes to Kim Bowmaker & Amy Woods for playing such a huge part in making the MAB team so awesome.
I would like to say thank you to all of my amazing clients for giving me the privilege of helping you this year. I love each and every one of you. A special mention goes to my long term clients who have been around for many years. I am truly touched and thankful for your loyalty, love, respect and friendship. I look forward to creating more awesomeness in 2015.
A huge thank you also goes to the many local businesses for their support and sponsorships in both the challenges and fundraising events. It is uplifting to see the community come together to create positive change and I am grateful to be part of such a giving community.
And finally… I would like to thank my family and friends for their ongoing love and support. You all put up with my crazy ideas and then support me with them even when they seem impossible. I love you all xox
My gift to you for 2016 be open to adjust your sail, be open to adapt to change, and most of all is to set some time aside for you, just you, sit in nature, feel inside what your heart wants, feel inside what makes you feel alive and do that, be clear of your intention. I will blog in detail about some big moments like Mount Kilimanjaro as I feel I have more to share with you all as sharing is caring. Right now though let’s all set a MAB group intention to live an adventurous, happy, healthy, active, fun life with awesome people, and of course, do lots of starjumps as life is totally worth celebrating
Have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year